Poetry Challenge Winners

We're excited to share the winners of our April writing challenge!

The challenge was to write a poem (any style or form) on the topic of writing, and we were so pleased with the number of submissions we received. 

The challenge was shared in our Southern Christian Writers Conference Facebook group. Join the group to stay up-to-date on all the information (and fun) we share together.

Congratulations to our top three winners:

April McCay

Pam Stein

Susan Hester



"Before the deadline"

by April McCay

Dazed before my deadline
As my pen taps my head,
Words waiting to be written
Or as I like to call it…the invisible dread.

Pushing the laptop aside
My feet meet the floor,
My hand grips the door knob
Exiting outside to explore.

Imagination now igniting
senses are engaged,
The colors, the smells, the sounds
I rush back in to my last page.

There’s something about distraction 
That welcomes fresh words,
It’s like a mental muscle memory
Revealing a gift to be heard.

All is coming together now
Minutes before I submit,
One last look over
Now, the return key I hit.


"Write"

by Pam Stein

Where are you, words?
Relying on memories and photos
I want others to know
Telling the generations
Everyone has a story

"Untitled"

by Susan Hester

Mindful tapping loosens ink

And breaks the dam that's held for years

Bringing thoughts forefront to link

The struggle to form words that express my fears

Of barren lines


~~~~

Congratulations to April, Pam, and Susan--and congratulations to all of you who submitted your poems for consideration. Writing of any kind is an accomplishment, and we celebrate those of you who are going after your writing goals and dreams. We know that sometimes just SHARING your work with others is a big deal.

Would you like to learn more about writing, and also interact and fellowship with other Christian writers? Get involved in the SCWC community by joining our Facebook group (LINK HERE) and joining us at our annual conference this June 9-10 at Valley View Baptist Church in Leeds, Alabama (REGISTRATION LINK HERE). We strive to provide information and encouragement for all writers of faith, and look forward to being with you!


Comments

Popular Posts